Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Good luck to children all over Bhutan!



For some students it is enough just to think of the word examination before their body reacts with symptoms of anxiety: Rapid heartbeat, outbursts of perspiration, and stomach aches. The physical inconveniences may be so marked – possibly even several months before the examination – that you contemplate all kinds of solutions with the purpose of escaping the discomfort. 

Exams and grades define who we are in life, at least in our country. You will be shocked to see what grades can do in your future life ahead. I am not saying grades mean everything but at least for now as a student, it means a lot. Opinions about a student can differ and vary with the grades/marks one attains. I grew up writing so many exams and I am now proud to be a teacher. I tell my children that the exams are like any other exams and there is no reason to be stressed about. I used to be stressed about writing the exams. But it is also a time when most likely to write exams would be doing what they have never done before, stay with books late into the night, some try coffee during such times. It only worsens your focus when you actually do this. Believe me I am a living testimony to this. 

So my dear young students, always make a study habit a month before the board exam. Schedule your time and follow it religiously. Every chore and academic work must be timed so that it doesn’t become stressful for you to cover up so much in so little time. This is the secret to get through any board exam. 

Perhaps your fear of examinations is about having made the wrong choice of study habit, or lack of motivation to do the necessary effort – or simply lack of abilities for some reason. You may fear an examination with good cause, because you are not properly prepared for it. Most students are nervous or afraid of examinations, and a moderate nervousness is often an advantage if you are to perform at your best. Dear students, think positive. Exchange thoughts: "I can't do anything, I'm going to fail, I'm going to die, and they will rip me to pieces” with positive thoughts: "I can handle it, I have done what I can, and it will be fine". The more you become acquainted with your examination fear, the more you are able to gain control over it.

The question of luck in any board exam is obvious and I have lived through this thing called luck in the exams but luck comes in a blue moon when trying to pass the examination, but I believe that you create your own luck based on my experience. Why? Simple, the more you review the more you are exposed to a lot of knowledge and when the time calls for you to make a guess; you are actually making an educated guess. So when you are better prepared and indeed battle ready, your answer in every question have strong chance of extracting the coveted right answers.

Dear students, good luck with the exams this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment