Monday, September 11, 2017

Smile, you are going to lose weight!

Sawadhekhrab! Here’s the second update. Well, inspiration and ideas come in the weirdest ways when you fall short of words, lines and subjects to write about. I was soul searching for a couple of days after my first update here in the land of smiles. This is my 24th night here in the scorching city of north Bangkok. Well, again coming to the point, sleep wasn’t coming easily as often is the case with me, I went to relieve myself in the toilet of my apartment and only today, that’s the night of 11th September at 11:24 pm (Bangkok Time) I saw what was written just above the toilet pot. This is to today’s update.

Only today did I come to know about the toilet ‘bowl’.  Until just a moment ago, I was pretty sure that it is called the toilet pot-just for the sake of understanding for those like me for whom English is the second language. The English teacher in me wasn’t agreeing to this ‘bowl’ thing and was rather comfortable with ‘pot’. Checked into searching the right thing and it was indeed right. But my ‘pot’ was also right.

I know this may sound a little weird when a supposed blogger knew ‘bowl’ today but even weirder is, it’s a toilet inspiration. Certainly, sitting up and down the same pot, (sorry ‘bowl’ or whatever) numerous times and you have no freaking idea of its appropriate name. This is a certain un-learning attitude. Folks! Remember, it is a ‘bowl’ and also a ‘pot’. If toilet bowl thing is to be personified, it would say, “Smile, you are going to lose weight”. Or, I just read it on the internet, “Keep me clean, use me well, what I see, I never tell.”

Ok just a weird thought on a weird night enveloped in this weird heat and hoping positively not to have a weird sleep later. BOWL”, “POT” Same-same (if I was indeed shopping for a pot here in Thailand). Here’s a measure for measure-It’s stuffs inside the bowl that later gets flushed in to the pot. Confused? I am too.

Good night folks and remember, “Keep me clean, use me well, what I see, I never tell”.


No comments:

Post a Comment